With enrollment in ITW, you will have the opportunity to become a candidate in the only authorized Certification Program for The Work.
Byron Katie's Certification Program is designed to support you in learning how to end suffering within yourself by embodying inquiry in your own life. It is our purpose to serve you as you begin to effortlessly live your own turnarounds, the ones that surface as a natural result of this daily practice within ITW
If your heart's desire is to help others find peace as you continue to deepen your own practice of The Work, you are invited to join us.
Nine-day School for The Work
Required. This will be your second School.
- It is to your benefit to experience as many different presenters and presentation styles as possible, therefore a maximum of 12 credit hours per Certified Facilitator will count toward fulfilling the 30 – 60 required hours.
- Accredited events by Certified Facilitators attended within two years prior to your enrollment in the Certification Program may be included.
- 10 credit hours can be attained by participating in a Certified Facilitator Event offered in a teleclass format. The remaining credit hours can be attained by attending live in-person events with Certified Facilitators.
- Visit the Events with Certified Facilitator page to find events that qualify for credit hours in the Certification Program.
- Complete a minimum of one One-for-One cycle.
- Serve a minimum of 48 hours (an average of two hours per month) on the Do The Work Helpline. (These are scheduled hours, not hours of actual client contact.)
- Train, co-train, or participate in a minimum of one eCourse*.
- Complete a Peer Review if you are an eCourse trainer or co-trainer.
- Complete the Basics eCourse**.
- Offer ITW accredited event(s) in which, over the two-year interval, a minimum of five ITW candidates receive attendance credit.
- Serve 24 hours on the Do The Work Helpline in addition to the required average of two hours per month above. (These are scheduled hours, not hours of actual client contact.)
- Train or co-train an eCourse in addition to the required one above.
- Staff or participate at The School for The Work.***
Events facilitated by Katie
In person or webcast
One-for-One no tuition fee charged
- Power of Turnarounds
- Difficult Client
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- One Topic-based eCourses (optional)
Certification Graduate Course
ITW eCourses do not expire.
There needs to be a maximum of four years between the last School attended as staff or participant and the Certification Graduation Course.
Total tuition: $6,120*, based on:
|$||2,075||School Staff (this would be your second School for The Work)|
|$||300||ITW Membership Fee|
|$||1,000||Five Certified Facilitator Events (averaging $200 per event) (30 hrs.)|
|$||300||Staffing three Mental Cleanses (60 hrs.)|
|$||0||Staffing other events with Katie (60 hrs.)|
*This cost is based on doing 120 credit hours with Katie and 30 with Certified Facilitators. This does not include airfares, accommodations, and meals, with the exception of the School for The Work. This is an illustration of how one person may complete their credits, and not the only way. All coursework requirements and fees subject to change. Previous telecourses continue to count towards your certification requirements, and you may need to participate in additional eCourses to complete this part of the coursework.
Guidelines for Maintaining Certification:
Certifications are valid for two years, from the date of certification, and they must be renewed every two years thereafter. Your license will automatically be renewed when the following requirements are met.
In addition, complete one or more of the following:
* All offered courses are now referred to as eCourses.
** Basics eCourse requirement is a one-time requirement; this eCourse does not need to be repeated every two years to maintain certification.
*** The No-Body Intensive, five-day Forgiveness Intensive, or four-day Being with Byron Katie silent retreat will also count for this requirement.